Wednesday 25 June 2008

Kaiser Chiefs' Ricky Wilson: 'We're better than Oasis'

Ricky WilsonKaiser Chiefs frontman Ricky Wilson says his band are more popular in Britain than Oasis.


The 'I Predict a Riot' hitmaker believes the Manchester rockers have "disappeared up their own a***" and the Kaisers have replaced them as Britain's favorite band.


He says, "Oasis have disappeared up their own a***. They think they are Led Zeppelin. They're not.


"Music has moved on and I think we are the band that most music fans would see as their successor."


Ricky also spoke of the band's new album - and it's already being tipped as their best yet.


He adds, "Our new album is shaping up. I reckon it�s our best stuff yet.


"I played it to our manager the other day, who has known us for over ten years, and a smile just spread across his face as soon as he heard it.


"He reckons that it�s the best material we have come up with.


"It isn�t finished but, in my mind, I know exactly where the vocals are going now and how it will sound. Mark Ronson is producing the album. He turned down a lot of people to work with us � a lot of big names, who I won�t mention.


"When he does that to work with us, we must be doing something well."




See Also